Cranky on the Web: Boeing’s Full-Page Apology, The 550 in Indy

Cranky on the Web: Boeing’s Full-Page Apology, The 550 in Indy

Boeing Takes Out Full-Page Ads Before CEO TestifiesAdWeek
I was asked how I felt about the full page ad Boeing took out in the Wall Street Journal, and, well, I didn’t really like it. But later I was alerted that Boeing also took out an ad in Indonesian newspapers which had a much better tone. Still, I disagree with the “expert” here suggesting that saying you’re sorry is a bad idea because you’ll get sued. I’m sure others can chime in, but I seem to recall being told when I was on America West’s accident team that you shouldn’t hesitate to say you’re sorry. Empathize the best you can, and never be afraid to try to comfort them in whatever way possible.

Some of United’s regional flights just got a lot cushier with new planeIndy Star
The communities that are getting United’s new CRJ-550 are excited… or at least, they’re trying to figure out if they should be. A local reporter in Indianapolis asked me about that.

Popular Posts