3 Links I Love: Norwegian’s Finances Look Bad, How Delta Sells Tickets, Yet Another 747 Article

The Cranky Flier
3 Links I Love: Norwegian’s Finances Look Bad, How Delta Sells Tickets, Yet Another 747 Article

This week’s featured link:
Norwegian’s creative accounting – Leeham News and Comment
As a reader noted in a comment on my last post about Norwegian, the airline’s results in 2017 were actually much worse than they appeared. (And they looked pretty bad before.) There’s still furniture to burn, so it can keep going for some time, I’m imagine. But these numbers are very concerning.

Two for the road:
Q&A: How Delta is changing the way you shop for airline tickets – Delta News Hub
For those looking to understand how airlines want to sell tickets, Delta has an explainer for you. I actually missed this when it came out a month ago, but someone at Delta pointed me to it this week. I’m looking to have a chat with Delta on this in the near future.

Boeing out in style: a pilot’s final flight in a 747 – Financial Times
What’s that? You need another 747 article? Well, thanks to reader Ed, you get one. It’s a long one too.

Popular Posts