Cranky on the Web: Honolulu’s Modernization Plan Moves Forward, PSA’s American Eagle Meltdown in Charlotte

The Cranky Flier
Cranky on the Web: Honolulu’s Modernization Plan Moves Forward, PSA’s American Eagle Meltdown in Charlotte

Honolulu’s Long-Awaited Airport Modernization
You already saw my post this week about how difficult it is to deal with the airports in Hawai’i, but Icons of Infrastructure asked me to write a bit more about the specifics of the biggest projects that are underway or at least proposed. I looked at the Mauka Concourse, the rental car facility, and the newly-proposed Diamond Head Concourse re-build.

‘American’s response was lacking, to be kind’ – Charlotte Business Journal (Soft Paywall)
I think this is the first time one of my quotes has been used as the headline for an article. I tweeted frequently this week about American’s weak response after PSA (American Eagle) suffered through an IT meltdown. As I mentioned to this reporter, American should have issued a waiver for all flights in Charlotte (since it couldn’t segment by operating airline or flight number), and it should have put out frequent updates. After all, every PSA traveler is an American Airlines customer, and they deserved better than what they got this week. Then again, I also told the reporter (but it didn’t make the story) that this won’t have a lasting impact on the airline.

Popular Posts