3 Links I Love: Vacation Time, Canada’s New Rules, Indigo, LaGuardia’s Pain

This week’s featured link:

Travellers could get up to $2,400 if they are bumped from an overbooked flight under Canada’s new air passenger protection rulesOttawa Citizen
Reader Allan sent me a link to this article highlighting changes in Canada’s passenger rights rules. If you get bumped involuntarily, if your luggage is lost, or if (coming soon) you get delayed due to a reason within the airline’s control, you could be getting big money.

Image of the Week: Two summers ago, I spent a week staring at this while I relaxed in Hawai’i. This summer, I’m going to be in Hawai’i for an entire month trying to do the same thing. I actually left yesterday. I’m working part of the time… but I’m trying to lay lower than usual. So, this is the last “3 Links I Love” post until I return.

Two for the road:

Analysis: The battle for control at IndigoBangalore Aviation
Indigo has been India’s most stable and successful airline for the last several years as others have gone out of business or gotten into trouble. But there is a brawl at the top and it is over the direction of the airline.

Endless Traffic, Mass Confusion, Ride-Share Price Gouging Creating Chaos At LaGuardia Airport – WCBS New York
Well this is going swimmingly. I’ve heard plenty of nightmare stories as LaGuardia tries to improve itself while still operating. JetBlue must be thrilled. Not only is it at the easy-to-reach Marine Air Terminal but those JFK flights may start looking even better.

Popular Posts